DBT Skills Training
Online Private Training (24 weeks) + Private Facebook Group
AUD $1200 upfront / $65pw payment plan
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) identifies and changes negative thinking patterns and pushes for positive behavioral changes by teaching you how to cope with distress, and change, unhealthy behaviors. This program is a two stage process.
- Beahviour Analysis: Determine what patterns in your life are causing destructon and understanding your thought processes and triggers so that you can better regulate and influence yourself and others to create a healthier environment and lifestyle.
- Mindfulness Skills: Focus on awareness and consciously focusing the mind in the present moment (without judgment or attachment) to allow you to let go of negative thoughts, emotions, sensations, activities, events, or life situations to create a happier self.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills: Focus on effective strategies for asking for what one needs, how to assertively say ‘no,’ and learning to cope with inevitable interpersonal conflict. The objective is to learn how to change something (e.g., requesting someone to do something) or to resist changes someone else is trying to make (e.g., saying no) and maximize the chances that your goals in a specific situation will be met, while at the same time not damaging either the relationship or your self-respect.
- Emotion Regulation Skills: Focus on understanding that negative emotions are not bad, or something that must be avoided. They are a normal part of life, but there are ways to acknowledge and then let go of these feelings so you are not controlled by them. The objective is to manage negative and overwhleming emotions while increasing your positive experiences by understanding your emotions, reducing emotional vulnerabiulity and decreasing emotional suffering.
- Distress Tolerance Skills: Focus on the ability to accept, in a non-evaluative and nonjudgmental fashion, both oneself and the current situation whilst appreciating that acceptance of reality is not approval of reality. Learning how to tolerate and survive crises whilst accepting life as it is in the moment helps you to turn your mind toward acceptance, and willingness versus willfulness.
Wk 1: Wise Mind, and Mindfulness (What) Skills
Wk 2: Wise Mind, and Mindfulness (How) Skills
Wk 3: Crisis Survival, and Pros and Cons
Wk 4: TIP Skills
Wk 5: Distracting, Self-Soothing, and Improving the Moment
Wk 6: Reality Acceptance
Wk 7: Willingness, Half-Smiling, and Willing Hands
Wk 8: Mindfulness of Thoughts
Wk 9 - 10: Break
This process is a very deep personal experience and requires dedicated time to think about, digest and process your thoughts and patterns. It can bring up a lot of emotions and some difficult memories for some people. This is a dedicated break in the program so that you can have some time to recover emotionally and catch-up on any worksheets you have not finished or would like to revisit.
Wk 11: Understanding and Labelling Emotions
Wk 12: Checking the Facts
Wk 13: Opposite Action
Wk 14: Problem Solving
Wk 18 - 19: Break and Private Session
This process is a very deep personal experience and requires dedicated time to think about, digest and process your thoughts and patterns. It can bring up a lot of emotions and some difficult memories for some people. This is a dedicated break in the program so that you can have some time to recover emotionally and catch-up on any worksheets you have not finished or would like to revisit. You will also have your Private Session with Chelsea (Transformation Coach) to go through your progress and talk about any trouble areas for you or things you want more help working through.
Wk 20: Understanding Obstacles, and Clarifying Goals
Wk 21: DEARM MAN
Wk 22: GIVE
Wk 23: FAST
Wk 24: Evaluating Options
Where To From Here